Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The Reins

Where in the world have you been?...that is the sentiment of most all of my friends lately, so you aren't alone if you are wondering.

Basketball is in full swing and for two months, Amy (my friend and co-commissioner) and I have been drowning in basketball! Now, we're just managing our own three teams (each) and everyone else's. Russ is covered up with homework and dyslexia center work so I feel like we're constantly doing homework...and he hates EVERY minute of all of it. Derek played soccer at school and I swear there were games everyday and he squeezed in a baseball travel team try-out as well (we haven't heard back from that yet). Caleb has been working just as hard as Russ to try and figure out everything he's supposed to be learning...we're reading books, practicing letters and trying our darnedest to learn that a C faces the right, and not the left. Chris went out of town for a week in there somewhere for negotiator level three school, so if you ever need help getting one of your children to let go of one of the other ones; he's your man! My office is CRAZY...we are running full speed ahead in what often seems like circles! My sister and sister-in-law both had birthdays (on the same day) in October...we celebrated with Brandi at the annual "Pretty Pretty Princess Party" that included costumes this year...they have been BANNED going forward and Jenny went out of town with her hubby to celebrate the big 3-0. Other than a blur of these events, I'm not even sure how we got from September to Thanksgiving.

Life is barrelling on and I feel completely out of control...God is telling me it's time to slow down, it's time to step back and hand over the reins...I don't want the reins; haven't ever wanted them. I'm praying that whatever is causing me to cling to them will be relinquished to the one who reigns.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I'm pretty sure I about fell out of my chair when I noticed you at the top of my blog roll. I think I had forgotten that you even had a blog. :) Glad to see you using your gift again. I love you.