Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Answered Prayers

I spent almost all day yesterday thinking about all the exhausting things that are going on in our world and in the lives of my friends and family. I have been overcome with grief and sadness for each of my friends who are suffering with sickness and death in their families; my heart is heavy for others who are struggling to find money for bills, much less Christmas presents and I have been burdened with uncertanities in my own position and how we would survive financially beginning next month. I have suffered in silence for most of these as I know that others are laden with their own stresses and don't need to waller with me. Not to mention that in the grand scheme of things, my family is healthy, we have our basic needs met and we are together; what more could someone actually want. There is so much to be Thankful for. Still, my mind has constantly been consumed with the worry and incertitude of our future.

Today, I was handed an answer to so many of my personal prayers. My job, which was scheduled to transition next month has been extended for an additional six months; the kind and compasionate, always generous owner of our company has provided for five months of my children's dyslexia therapy next year and I was given two accounts to manage that are providing additional income. For the first time in weeks, I feel like I have taken a complete breath.

"Therefore, I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. Life is more than food, and the body more than clothes. Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn, yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than the birds!" Luke 12:22-25

My heart is still broken for the stuggles we are all facing and I still miss my friend, Tim, imensely; those things will not change. But now, I can focus on loving my friends and being God's arms on earth for them without distraction for my own needs. God is good, all the time and today, I'm praising him for answered prayers.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Oh Sis, that is such GREAT news. I will be praising Him with You. He is sooooo good to us.

Anonymous said...

Hey Baby, all I can say is PRAISE THE LORD!!!God is good all the time, all the time God is good! I needed wonderful news today---thanks!! Mom